Dramatic Interpretation Project for Virgil's Aeneid
N.B. This project can be presented at State Conventions as a Creative Arts Contest, but NOT AT NATIONALS!
Required Checklist for Dramatic Interpretation Project (90% of the total grade):
1. Memorization is the most important element of the grade
- at least 2 pts will be deducted for each long hesitation or ‘prompt’
2. All students will be required to write out the entire passage from memory
several days before the performance is due.
- this will count for 10% of the overall project grade
3. Must be presented in class between April 9th and April 11th.
4. Must pronounce all words correctly with proper enunciation
5. Must speak loudly so that everyone will hear well
6. Must have proper posture & eye contact - no swaying, no staring at the floor, no closing eyes during performance, etc
7. The presentation must be dramatic!! - speak with the proper
emotion/gestures/tone to bring the 3000 year old story to life
Overall Quality of Dramatic Interpretation (10% of the total grade):
*10% of the project is based on overall effectiveness of the presentation -
attention must be paid to facial expressions, eye contact,
gestures, confidence, ability to engage the audience in the story,
enunciation & volume of voice