The Immaculate Heart of Mary Chapel was designed by Philadelphia architect Edwin F. Durang and completed in 1894 for the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur.
History & Traditions
Traditions connect us to the past, imbue our present with a sense of community and light a path for the future. These stories offer insight about leaders who have made an impact in our history, significant events and special places on campus.
The Schiff Family Circle in the front of The Summit's main building is a grand, brick-laid entranceway to the school.
The Bishop’s Parlor is a grand double roomjust inside the main building of The Summit. It was so named because it was the location where the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur would greet visiting clergy, including multiple bishops.
The daughter of an alumna, a lifer, alumna, parent, teacher, grandparent and member of the Alumni Board, Summit Parents Association (SPA), Booster Board and Board of Trustees, Mary (Foss) Brinkmeyer ’67 made an indelible mark on The Summit.
Kyte Theater has been the scene of many school plays and hosts visiting authors, speakers and performers whose knowledge and skills augment the curriculum.