Daily Health Assessment Protocols
Updated August 21, 2020
The following protocols for daily health assessment of our students when school is in session have been informed by guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and the State of Ohio to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Our Early Morning Care service begins at 7 a.m. Parents will bring their child to the classroom door. Starting at 7:45 a.m., when cars pull up to the back of the Lower School building, teachers will open the car door, take the student’s temperature with a touchless, infrared thermometer before the child exits the car, and assist the child in using a sanitizing wipe. The teacher will then bring the child into the building. Parents arriving with their child after 8:15 will bring the child to the atrium. The guard will take the child’s temperature, and the parent will assist the child with the hand sanitizer. The guard will call the classroom for a teacher to escort the child in.
Montessori (3-6 years old) and Lower School
- Our Early Morning Care service begins at 7 a.m. in the Extended Day room on the ground floor of the main building. Parents will walk their child in using the entrance by Flannery Gym.
- Starting at 7:45 a.m. when cars pull forward in car line, students will exit the car and enter the tower atrium where their temperature with a touchless infrared thermometer will be taken. Those with a temperature above 100 degrees will be escorted to the isolation room, and their parents will be called to pick them up.
- Montessori students who are healthy enough to attend will proceed to the dining hall, use hand sanitizer and join their cohort.
- Lower School students will use hand sanitizer on tables in the atrium and proceed to their classroom.
- Children arriving after 8:15 a.m. will enter the atrium where the guard will take their temperature and they will use the hand sanitizer. Montessori children will proceed to their classroom. Lower School children will check in with Mrs. Bennett in the office before proceeding to the classroom.
- Students arriving between 6:30 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. will enter the campus from the main Grandin Road entrance and enter the west wing of the main building through the St. Gregs entrance off the Schiff Family circle in front of the main building. They will use a hand sanitizer placed on tables just inside the entrance. They will then have their temperature checked and proceed to a table for early morning study. At 7:45 a.m. they will be released to their classroom.
- Students arriving between 7:45 and 8:15 a.m. will pull up into the Middle School circle. Teachers will take their temperature before they exit the car. Students with lockers on the ground floor will enter through the door to the ground floor to the right of the main door. Students with lockers on the first floor will enter through the main door. Students with lockers on the second floor will enter through the door to the left of the main door. Upon entry, students should use available hand sanitizer located just inside each door.
- Children arriving after 8:15 a.m. will enter through the main door, use the hand sanitizer and have their temperature checked by Mrs. McGrath before proceeding to class.
- Students arriving between 6:30 and 7:45 a.m. will enter the campus through the main Grandin Road entrance and enter the main building through the St. Greg’s door off the Schiff Family front circle. There will be tables in the lobby area where students will sanitize their hands and proceed to have their temperature checked. They will then study at one of the tables in St. Gregs. At 7 a.m. they will proceed up to St. Cecilia Hall to alleviate crowding in St. Gregs with the Middle School students arriving. At 7:45 a.m. they will be released to their classroom.
- Students arriving between 7:45 and 8:15 a.m. will enter the St. Greg’s check point or the Main Building front entrance to have their temperature checked. There will be tables in the lobby area where students will sanitize their hands.They will then proceed to their classroom.
- Students arriving after 8:15 a.m. will enter through the main building entrance where they will use the hand sanitizer and their temperature will be checked. They will then proceed to the Upper School office to check in before going to class.
Summit bus riders will have their temperature checked by the driver and use hand sanitizer before they get on the bus. All bussed students will have to go through the temperature screen process at the main school entrance and sanitize their hands. Please read the Summit Bus Protocol for more detail.
We are relying on parents to conduct a symptom check of their child before the child leaves for school. Please keep the child home if there is evidence of any illness.