Daily Health Assessment Protocols
The following protocols for daily health assessment of our students when school is in session have been informed by guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and the State of Ohio to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Our Early Morning Care service begins at 7 a.m. Parents will bring their child to the classroom door. Starting at 7:45 a.m., when cars pull up to the back of the Lower School building, teachers will open the car door, take the student’s temperature with a touchless, infrared thermometer before the child exits the car, and assist the child in using a sanitizing wipe. The teacher will then bring the child into the building. Parents arriving with their child after 8:15 will bring the child to the atrium. The guard will take the child’s temperature, and the parent will assist the child with the hand sanitizer. The guard will call the classroom for a teacher to escort the child in.
Montessori (3-6 years old) and Lower School
- Our Early Morning Care service begins at 7 a.m. in the Extended Day room on the ground floor of the main building. Parents will walk their child in using the entrance by Flannery Gym.
- Starting at 7:45 a.m. when cars pull forward in car line, teachers on the sidewalk greeting the students will open the car door and take the student’s temperature with a touchless, infrared thermometer before the child exits the car. Those with a temperature above 100 degrees will remain in the car and be taken home.
- Those who are healthy enough to attend will enter the atrium and use hand sanitizer which will be on long tables in that location. They will then proceed directly to their classroom.
- Children arriving after 8:15 a.m. will enter the atrium where the guard will take their temperature and they will use the hand sanitizer. Montessori children will proceed to their classroom. Lower School children will check in with Mrs. Bennett in the office before proceeding to the classroom.
- Students arriving between 6:30 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. will enter the campus from the main Grandin Road entrance and enter the west wing of the main building through the St. Gregs entrance off the Schiff Family circle in front of the main building. They will use a hand sanitizer placed on tables just inside the entrance. They will then have their temperature checked and proceed to a table for early morning study. At 7:45 a.m. they will be released to their classroom.
- Students arriving between 7:45 and 8:15 a.m. will pull up into the Middle School circle. Teachers will take their temperature before they exit the car. Weather permitting, hand sanitizer will be available on tables outside; otherwise they will be inside. Students with lockers on the ground floor will enter through the door to the ground floor to the right of the main door. Students with lockers on the first floor will enter through the main door. Students with lockers on the second floor will enter through the door to the left of the main door.
- Children arriving after 8:15 a.m. will enter through the main door, use the hand sanitizer and have their temperature checked by Mrs. McGrath before proceeding to class.
- Students arriving between 6:30 and 7:45 a.m. will enter the campus through the main Grandin Road entrance and enter the main building through the St. Greg’s door off the Schiff Family front circle. There will be tables in the lobby area where students will sanitize their hands and proceed to have their temperature checked. They will then study at one of the tables in St. Gregs. At 7 a.m. they will proceed up to St. Cecilia Hall to alleviate crowding in St. Gregs with the Middle School students arriving. At 7:45 a.m. they will be released to their classroom.
- Students arriving between 7:45 and 8:15 a.m. will enter the St. Greg’s check point or the Main Building front entrance to have their temperature checked. There will be tables in the lobby area where students will sanitize their hands.They will then proceed to their classroom.
- Students arriving after 8:15 a.m. will enter through the main building entrance where they will use the hand sanitizer and their temperature will be checked. They will then proceed to the Upper School office to check in before going to class.
Summit bus riders will have their temperature checked by the driver and use hand sanitizer before they get on the bus. All bussed students will have to go through the temperature screen process at the main school entrance and sanitize their hands. Please read the Summit Bus Protocol for more detail.
We are relying on parents to be on the lookout for COVID-19 symptoms in their children and keep them isolated at home should any of those symptoms be evident. Parents should also quarantine their child at home if the child has been exposed recently to those who have developed COVID-19 symptoms or have tested positive.
We ask that parents closely supervise their children beginning August 3 (14 days before school starts) to minimize opportunities for children contracting the disease and potentially disrupting start of school.