Focusing on the Whole Child
Uncovering academic passions, moral compass setting, social skills and leadership development are the work of students in grades 5-8. The Harold C. Schott Middle School engages this dynamic window of development with academic personalization, mentoring relationships and experiential learning to develop students who are confident to embrace and share their gifts to impact the world.
specialize in physiological, social, emotional and cognitive changes affecting adolescence.
provide greater opportunity for individual attention and enhanced learning.
result in high performance on standardized tests.
aligned to Upper School advanced placement.
provides Catholic teachings, foundations of faith formation and servant leadership opportunities.
foster a social justice world view through liturgies, student-led prayer and curricular exploration.
mentor students through discussion, reflection, prayer and sacraments.
empowers students with opportunities to exercise empathy and acceptance.
evidenced by eighth graders who have provided more than 1,500 hours of service to more than 60 local agencies.
includes Knights of the Round Table and opportunities for all students to lead.
culminates with cross-curricular, trait-focused capstone projects.
empower students to use innovative thinking and ingenuity to reduce barriers.
through our no-cut sports policy and an emphasis on healthy lifestyles.
include award-winning programs in instrumental music and choir, fine arts and performing arts.
guided through 1:1 advisement and "Smart Goal" progress reviews four times a year.
supports students new to the school and transitioning to Upper School.
- Clubs and Organizations: Bible Bowl, Book Club, Destination Imagination, Diplomacy Club, Diversity and Inclusion Team, Drama Club, Dungeons & Dragons, LEGO Robotics Club, Geography Bee, History Club, Homework Start, Knights Ink!, Knights of the Round Table Student Leadership, Latin Club, Math Club, Magazine Club, National Junior Honor Society, Praise Team, Private Band Lessons and Ensembles, Scouting, Service Club and Spelling Bee.
- After School Specials: Offered through our Extended Day program, children explore new activities such as yoga, dance, Chinese, chess, scratch coding, robotics and art.
- Homework Start: Certified teachers provide active assistance.
- Youth Athletics: The kindergarten to sixth grade athletic program is parent-run and gives students an opportunity to learn about a variety of sports.
- Before and after School Care: Available in our Extended Day Center.