Upper School Applications
Application Process for Grades 9-12
Admission to ninth grade is competitive. To ensure consideration for admission and scholarships, candidates applying to the ninth grade are encouraged to begin the application process in October of their eighth-grade year and take the Entrance Exam. Click here to begin your application online.
Transfer Process for Grades 10-12
Students applying to grades 10-12 are encouraged to begin the admission process in December. Applications will continue to be reviewed on a rolling admission basis throughout the year, space permitting. Admission is competitive and space is limited so we encourage students to submit their application as early as possible. Click here to begin your application online.
The following steps must be completed before an application to the Upper School will be reviewed by the Admission Committee.
- Submit a completed admission application.
- Submit teacher/principal recommendation forms and school records from current and previous two years. Please download these forms: English Teacher Recommendation Form, Math Teacher Recommendation Form, Principal/Counselor Recommendation Form.
- The Archdiocesan Entrance and Placement Test is required for grade 9 as part of the admission process. The test includes verbal, language, reading comprehension and math achievement. Candidates may take the Entrance Exam at The Summit or any other Catholic High School in Cincinnati. Click here to register to take the test at The Summit.
- The Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) is required as part of the admission process for students applying to grades 10-12. The test includes verbal and quantitative reasoning, reading comprehension, math achievement, and includes a written essay. Applicants should register online for the test here or by phone at (800) 446-0320.
- A visit should be scheduled through the Admission Office for applicants entering grades 9-12.
- Once the admission process is complete, The Admission Office will communicate to the parents regarding the Admission Committee's decision.
Applying for tuition assistance and merit scholarships is separate process from applying for admission. Please refer to the Affordability page for additional information.
Friday, Aug. 28: Summer Knight, Grade 8 Visit Day for Students, 5:00 p.m. Location: Kyte Theater
Wednesday, Sept. 30: Upper School Parent Preview Day and Tours, 8:30 a.m. Location: Ragland Family Alumni Parlor
Thursday, Oct. 8: Upper School Parent Preview Day and Tours, 8:30 a.m. Location: Ragland Family Alumni Parlor
Wednesday, Oct. 21: Upper School Parent Preview Day and Tours, 8:30 a.m. Location: Ragland Family Alumni Parlor
Thursday, Nov. 19: Upper School Open House for students and parents, 6:30 p.m. Location: Immaculate Heart of Mary Chapel