Upper School Applications
Application Process for Grades 9-12
Admission to ninth grade is competitive. To ensure consideration for admission and scholarships, candidates applying to the ninth grade are encouraged to begin the application process in October of their eighth-grade year and take the Entrance Exam. Click here to begin your application online.
Transfer students applying to grades 10-12 are encouraged to begin the admission process in December. Applications will continue to be reviewed on a rolling admission basis throughout the year, space permitting. Admission is competitive and space is limited so we encourage students to submit their application as early as possible. Click here to begin your application online.
The following steps must be completed before an application to the Upper School will be reviewed by the Admission Committee.
- Submit a completed admission application.
- Submit teacher/principal recommendation forms and school records from current and previous two years. When you start your application, please email the online recommendation forms to your teachers/principal for them to complete and submit to us.
- For transfer students applying for 10-12, the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) is required as part of the admission process. The test includes verbal and quantitative reasoning, reading comprehension, math achievement, and includes a written essay. Applicants should register online for the test here or by phone at (800) 446-0320.
- A visit should be scheduled through the Admission Office for applicants entering grades 9-12.
- Once the admission process is complete, The Admission Office will communicate to the parents regarding the Admission Committee's decision.
Applying for tuition assistance and merit scholarships is separate process from applying for admission. Please refer to the Affordability page for additional information.
for 2023-24 Entry
Friday, Aug. 26: 8th Grade Summer Knight Event (5-7 pm) & Football Game (7-9 pm)
Thursday, Sept. 22: Fall Parent Preview Days (Also Sept. 28 and Oct. 19)
Tuesday, Sept. 20:
Upper School Shadowing Begins
Wednesday, Sept. 28: Fall Parent Preview Days (Also Sept. 22 and Oct. 19)
Wednesday, Oct. 19: Fall Parent Preview Days (Also Sept. 22 and 28)
Thursday, Nov. 17:
Upper School Open House, 6:30 to 9 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 19: High School Placement Test, 8:30 a.m.
Thursday, Dec. 1: 8th Grade Student Profile Deadline
Thursday, Dec. 1: Merit and Endowed Scholarship Essay Deadline
Thursday, Dec. 1: Financial Aid Deadline
Wednesday, Jan. 11: Admission Decisions Released (Sent by Mail/Email)
Wednesday, Jan. 25: Registration Deadline for Cincinnati-area Catholic High Schools