Welcome Class of 2023
The Summit Country Day School formally invites your family to explore our Upper School and its endless possibilities. For more than 125 years, The Summit has been known as a thought leader in education throughout the Greater Cincinnati area. In our mission statement, we challenge every student, faculty and staff member to share fully the gifts that have been given to them by God. Our global community strives to help our students become people of character who value and improve the world they inherit.
We greatly appreciate your interest and encourage you to participate in the many admission opportunities we offer. We challenge our students to Aim High and hope that you have the very qualities we embrace for our school. From academic rigor to athletic success to community service to fine arts to school spirit to social maturity, we provide an environment where our students grow in every facet of their lives. We prepare them to be well-rounded leaders of character.
We understand that the admission process for incoming freshmen can, at times, be overwhelming. As you go about your high school decision making process, please feel free to contact our office. If it’s to schedule a shadow day or parent information session, explain our tuition assistance or scholarship procedures, connect you with a teacher or coach, or simply sit and tell you more about our school, please know that we are here to help alleviate any concerns and answer whatever questions you might have.
We appreciate and value your interest.
Assistant Head of School
for Enrollment Management and Special Projects
Brandon Lorentz '13
Assistant Director of Admission
Upper School & International Students
Visit the Upper School
Click on "About Our Events" to find out about the special events we have planned for you to visit the Upper School or click on a link to sign up now.
Key Dates to Visit the Upper School
- August 31: Summer Knight, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Location: Kyte Theater
- September 27: Upper School Visit & Tour for parents, 8:30 a.m., Alumni Parlor. (Also October 4 and 24)
- October 4: Upper School Visit & Tour for parents, 8:30 a.m., Alumni Parlor. (Also September 27 and October 24)
- October 24: Upper School Visit & Tour for parents, 8:30 a.m., Alumni Parlor. (Also September 27 and October 4)
- November 5: US/MS Grade 8 Move-Up Day
- November 15: Upper School Open House, 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- November 17: Scholarship/High School Placement Testing for Prospective 9th grade students, 8:30 a.m. Location: Chapel
- November 19: Makeup Scholarship/Entrance Testing for Prospective 9th grade students, 8:30 a.m. Location: Admission Office
- December 5: Class of 2023 Application Deadline for Admission
- December 5: Scholarship and Tuition Assistance Deadline
- January 16: Admission/Scholarship Decision Letters Mailed for Class of 2023
- January 26: Entrance Test, Grades 1-12, 9 a.m., Admission Office
- January 27: The Summit Class of 2023 Welcome Reception, 1 p.m., Chapel
- January 30: Class of 2023 Registration Deadline
- February 23: Entrance Test, Grades 1-12, 9 a.m., Admission Office
- March 23: Entrance Test, Grades 1-12, 9 a.m., Admission Office
- April 11 & 25: Upper School Parent Preview Days