Welcome Class of 2024
The Summit Country Day School formally invites your family to explore our Upper School and its endless possibilities. For more than 129 years, The Summit has been known as a thought leader in education throughout the Greater Cincinnati area. In our mission statement, we challenge every student, faculty and staff member to share fully the gifts that have been given to them by God. Our global community strives to help our students become people of character who value and improve the world they inherit.
We greatly appreciate your interest and encourage you to participate in the many admission opportunities we offer. We challenge our students to Aim High and hope that you have the very qualities we embrace for our school. From academic rigor to athletic success to community service to fine arts to school spirit to social maturity, we provide an environment where our students grow in every facet of their lives. We prepare them to be well-rounded leaders of character.
We understand that the admission process for incoming freshmen can, at times, be overwhelming. As you go about your high school decision making process, please feel free to contact our office. If it’s to schedule a shadow day or parent information session, explain our tuition assistance or scholarship procedures, connect you with a teacher or coach, or simply sit and tell you more about our school, please know that we are here to help alleviate any concerns and answer whatever questions you might have.
We appreciate and value your interest.
Assistant Head of School
for Enrollment Management and Community Engagement
Brandon Lorentz '13
Assistant Director of Admission
Upper School & International Students
Visit the Upper School
Click on "About Our Events" to find out about the special events we have planned for you to visit the Upper School or click on a link to sign up now.
Key Dates to Visit the Upper School
- August 30: Summer Knight, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Location: Kyte Theater
- September 26: Upper School Parent Preview Day, 8:30 a.m., Alumni Parlor. (Also October 3 and 23)
- October 3: Upper School Parent Preview Day, for parents, 8:30 a.m., Alumni Parlor. (Also September 26 and October 23)
- October 23: Upper School Parent Preview Day, for parents, 8:30 a.m., Alumni Parlor. (Also September 26 and October 3)
- November 21: Upper School Open House, 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- November 23: Scholarship/High School Placement Testing for Prospective 9th grade students, 8:30 a.m. Location: Chapel
- November 25: Makeup Scholarship/Entrance Testing for Prospective 9th grade students, 8:30 a.m. Location: Admission Office
- December 5: Class of 2024 Application Deadline for Admission
- December 5: Merit/Endowed Scholarship and Tuition Assistance Deadline
- January 15: Admission/Scholarship Decision Letters Mailed for Class of 2024
- January 25: Entrance Test, Grades 1-12, 9 a.m., Admission Office
- January 26: The Summit Class of 2024 Welcome Reception, 1 p.m., Chapel
- January 29: Class of 2024 Registration Deadline
- February 22: Entrance Test, Grades 1-12, 9 a.m., Admission Office
- March 21: Entrance Test, Grades 1-12, 9 a.m., Admission Office
- April 2 & 23: Upper School Parent Preview Days