Founded in 1890 by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, The Summit is a private school rich in tradition, excellence, innovation and diversity. Throughout our 125-year history, we have maintained a diverse student body and now have international families from 22 countries worldwide.
Many of our families are expatriates in which parents are physicians working at regional hospitals or are executives at global companies who were transferred to Cincinnati. They were attracted first to The Summit’s record of academic excellence but also felt this is a place where their children would be accepted and made welcome. Re-located families follow the standard process for enrollment. Read more at this page Application Process.
In addition to our expatriate families, The Summit has an annual enrollment of 20 to 30 international Middle and Upper School students. Our international students are an important part of our commitment to global diversity. Our International Student Program encourages the development of English language skills, participation in fine arts and student organizations, clubs and social activities. Read how to enroll international students at International Students Application Process: Grades 9-11.
Please explore our site to see how we:
- Welcome multinational diversity. International Families.
- Embrace multiculturalism. Fast Facts. Diversity & Inclusion. Character Education.
- Emphasize academic excellence. Early childhood education. Individualized learning. Advance placement classes. Exceptional faculty. High school science department. Science Research Institute.
- Prepare students for a global world. Our Mission. World Language. Success of our graduates and their admission to the best colleges and universities through our College Counseling office.
- Meet the needs of each and every child. Expatriates. Athletes. Special needs. Alternative learners.