International Student Application Process
The Summit Country Day School welcomes our international students and families to explore our global and inclusive, community. We celebrate our cultural diversity, and hope we continue to enrich the lives of our international students and families.
The Summit recommends that International Student applicants obtain an application through an international student placement agency. Some of the necessary application requirements include the following:
- Translated academic transcripts and grade reports.
- Translated versions of the completed Summit Teacher / Counselor recommendation forms with contact information.
- Proof of English Proficiency (TOEFL test results). If the student prefers to take the TOEFL Junior, they must take an additional standardized test (i.e. ISEE, Explore, SSAT, ACT, SAT).
- Phone or Skype interview (set up through the admission office).
- Support materials provided by international recruiting service.
- Upon acceptance, The Summit will assist the recruiting service with the I-20.
- Proof of Health Insurance.
- Proof of legal guardianship while in the United States.
Click here to begin your application online.
Admission Notes of Interest for Prospective International Students:
- Please note that we do not offer boarding.
- Also note that we do not offer English as a Second Language (ESL) programs. In fact, proof of English proficiency is a requirement of the admission process.
- The Summit does not offer tuition assistance or merit scholarships for our International Student applicants.
International Student Admission Timeline for 2019-2020 Entrance
|Early Action||Regular Decision|
|Completed Application Deadline||Dec. 15||Feb. 15|
The following steps must be completed before an application will be reviewed by the Admission Committee.
- Submit a completed admission application. In an effort to acquaint ourselves with prospective International Students, an applicant photo - though optional - is appreciated.
- Once the admission process is complete, The Admission Office will communicate to the agency regarding the Admission Committee's decision. If the grade level the applicant is applying for is full, notification will occur.
- Families or agencies who would like to learn more about The Summit are encouraged to contact an Admission Associate and tour the campus.