International Student Application: Grades 9-12
We prefer that all prospective international students apply through an approved agency that specializes with international students. The agency should be able to assist the student in completing the application process. In addition to reviewing character strength and academic ability, we require that all international students establish proof of proficiency in English through the TOEFL, TOEFL Jr., along with standardized testing, and go through a phone/Skype interview. For any questions on this process, or for agency recommendations, please contact Beth Bissmeyer in the Admission Office at (513) 871-4700, ext. 278 or via email.
To be considered for acceptance please be prepared to supply the following documents to our admission department for review.
- Translated academic transcripts and grade reports.
- Translated versions of the completed Summit Teacher / Counselor recommendation forms with contact information.
- Test results- We require minimum TOEFL score of 79 or a TOEFL Junior score of 820. Students must also take an additional standardized test (i.e. ISEE, Explore, SSAT, ACT, SAT).
- Phone or Skype interview (set up through the admission office).
- Support materials provided by international recruiting service.
- Upon acceptance, The Summit will assist the recruiting service with the I-20.
- Proof of Health Insurance.
- Proof of legal guardianship while in the United States.
Click here to begin your application online.
Admission Notes of Interest for Prospective International Students:
- Please note that we do not offer boarding.
- The Summit does not offer tuition assistance or merit scholarships for our International Student applicants.
International Student Admission Timeline for 2016-2017 Entrance
Completed Application Deadline
Grade 9: Dec. 7, 2015
Grades 10, 11: March 3, 2016
The following steps must be completed before an application will be reviewed by the Admission Committee.
- Submit a completed admission application with the $50 non-refundable processing fee. Please make checks payable to The Summit Country Day School or pay online. The online payment option is part of the online Application Process. In an effort to acquaint ourselves with prospective International Students, an applicant photo - though optional - is appreciated.
- Once the admission process is complete, The Admission Office will communicate to the agency regarding the Admission Committee's decision. If the grade level the applicant is applying for is full, notification will occur.
- Families or agencies who would like to learn more about The Summit are encouraged to contact an Beth Bissmeyer in the Admission Office at (513) 871-4700, ext. 278 or via email.