Middle School: Grades 5-8
Students applying to grades 5-8 of the Middle School have two options for submitting their applications: Early Action or Regular Decision. Applications will also be accepted on a rolling admission basis after Feb. 15, space permitting. Admission is competitive and space is limited so we encourage students to submit their application as early as possible. Please see the admission timeline below.
Click here to begin your application online.
|Middle School Admission Timeline for 2019-2020 Entrance|
|Middle School Parent Preview Days - Oct. 25, Nov. 14 and Jan. 29 at 8:30 a.m. We encourage parents to attend a Preview Day for an introduction of the program and tours of classrooms.|
|Early Action||Regular Decision|
|Application Deadline||Dec. 15||Feb. 15|
|Admission Decision Mailed||By Jan. 10||By March 1|
|Tuition Assistance Deadline||Dec. 15||Feb. 15|
|Tuition Assistance Notification||By Jan. 10||By March 1|
|Confirmation Deadline||Jan. 25||March 15|
The following steps must be completed before an application will be reviewed by the Admission Committee.
- Submit a completed admission application.In an effort to acquaint ourselves with prospective students, an applicant photo - though optional - is appreciated.
- Applicants seeking admission to grades 5-8 must submit the following: English, Math, and principal or counselor recommendation forms; school records from the previous two years; student application; and parent application and recommendation forms. Applicants to grades 5-8 are required to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) which is administered on specific key dates throughout the year. Middle School students may register for the ISEE on-line at www.iseetest.org or by phone at (800) 446-0320.
- Once the application has been submitted, a visit should be scheduled through the Admission Office for applicants entering grades 5-8. Applicants for those grades will visit with their peers from 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Students visiting campus will also interview with a member of the admission staff.
- Once the admission process is complete, The Admission Office will communicate to the parents regarding the Admission Committee's decision. If the grade level the applicant is applying for is full, notification will occur.
- Parents who would like to learn more about The Summit are encouraged to meet with an Admission Associate and tour the campus.