Lower School: Grades 1-4
Students applying to grades 1-4 of the Lower School have two options for submitting their applications: Early Action or Regular Decision. Applications will also be accepted on a rolling admission basis after Feb. 15, space permitting. Admission is competitive and space is limited so we encourage students to submit their application as early as possible. Please see the admission timeline below.
Limited space is available for the 2017-18 school year.
Click here to begin your application online.
Lower School Admission Timeline for 2018-2019 Entrance
|Lower School Parent Preview Days - Oct. 26, Nov. 9 and Jan. 30 at 8:30 a.m. We encourage parents to attend a Preview Day for an introduction of the program and tours of classrooms.|
|Early Action||Regular Decision|
|Application Deadline||Dec. 15||Feb. 15|
|Admission Decision Mailed||By Jan. 10||By March 1|
|Tuition Assistance Deadline||Dec. 15||Feb. 15|
|Tuition Assistance Notification||By Jan. 10||By March 1|
|Confirmation Deadline||Jan. 24||March 15|
The following steps must be completed before an application will be reviewed by the Admission Committee.
- Submit a completed admission application. In an effort to acquaint ourselves with prospective students, an applicant photo - though optional - is appreciated.
- Applicants seeking admission to grades 1-4 must submit a teacher recommendation form and school records from the previous two years. Applicants to grades 1-4 are required to take an entrance test. All tests are administered at The Summit on specific key dates throughout the year. Please contact the Admission Office to register your child for testing.
- Once the application has been submitted, a visit should be scheduled through the Admission Office for applicants entering grades 2-4. Applicants for those grades will visit with their peers from 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Lunch is provided.
- Once the admission process is complete, The Admission Office will communicate to the parents regarding the Admission Committee's decision. If the grade level the applicant is applying for is full, notification will occur.
- Parents who would like to learn more about The Summit are encouraged to meet with an Admission Associate and tour the campus.