Upper School: Grades 9-12
Admission to the ninth grade is competitive. To ensure consideration for admission and scholarships, candidates applying to the ninth grade are encouraged to begin the application process in October of their eighth grade year and take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) on Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017. Please see the following admission timeline for entrance to the ninth grade. Please note that Scholarship Applications for Grade 9 are located under the Freshman: Class of 2022 tab.
Click here to begin your application online.
Upper School Admission Timeline for Grade 9 (Class of 2022)
|Upper School Open House - Nov. 16, 6:30-9 p.m.
Parents and students should plan to attend the Open House for the entire time.
|High School Placement Test (HSPT)||Nov. 18, 8 a.m. check-in|
|Application Deadline||Dec. 6|
|Tuition Assistance/Merit & Endowed Scholarship Deadline||Dec. 6|
|Admission Decision Mailed||Jan. 10|
Tuition Assistance/Merit & Endowed Scholarship Awards Mailed
|Class of 2022 Registration Deadline||Jan. 24|
|Class of 2022 Scholarship Reception||March 14|
Students applying to grades 10-12, of the Upper School have two options for submitting their applications: Early Action or Regular Decision. Applications will also be accepted on a rolling admission basis after Feb. 15, space permitting. Admission is competitive and space is limited so we encourage students to submit their applications as early as possible. Please see the admission timeline below.
Upper School Admission Timeline for Grades 10-12, 2018-2019 Entrance
|Early Action||Regular Decision|
|Application Deadline||Dec. 15||Feb. 15|
|Admission Decision Mailed||By Jan. 10||By March 1|
|Tuition Assistance Deadline||Dec. 15||Feb. 15|
|Tuition Assistance Notification Mailed||By Jan. 10||By March 1|
|Confirmation Deadline||Jan. 24||March 15|
The following steps must be completed before an application to the Upper School will be reviewed by the Admission Committee.
- Submit a completed admission application. In an effort to acquaint ourselves with prospective students, an applicant photo - though optional - is appreciated.
- Applicants seeking admission to grades 9 -12 must submit the following: English, math and principal or counselor recommendation forms; school records from the previous two years; student application; and parent application and recommendation forms.
- Applicants to grade 9 are required to take High School Placement Test (HSPT). Ninth grade candidates may register for the HSPT at The Summit or any of the Cincinnati area Catholic high schools.
- Applicants to grades 10-12 are required to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) which is administered on specific key dates throughout the year. Upper School students may register for the ISEE on-line at www.iseetest.org or by phone at (800) 446-0320.
- Once the application has been submitted, a visit should be scheduled through the Admission Office for applicants entering grades 9-12. Applicants for these grades will visit with their peers from 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Students visiting campus will also interview with a member of the admission staff.
- Once the admission process is complete, the Admission Office will communicate to the parents regarding the Admission Committee's decision. If the grade level the applicant is applying for is full, notification will occur.
- Parents who would like to learn more about The Summit are encouraged to meet with an Admission Associate and tour the campus.