Visit The Summit Country Day School
The Summit Country Day Upper School is an amazing community of students, teachers, administrators, alumni and parents that mere words cannot describe. To be on campus is to feel the 127-year heritage, mixed in with 21st century technology and a global initiative. Parents and students always come away impressed and taken back by The Summit’s balance of tradition and innovation. For students interested in The Upper School, there are several opportunities to visit the The Summit:
Click on a button to schedule your visit.
Summer Knight: Join the Team
All eighth graders are invited to The Summit's Summer Knight. Join current Summit students and other classmates from around the city and participate in friendly team field events followed by pizza and varsity football game. Come see and experience what it's like to be a Silver Knight. RSVP now for Summer Knight.
We think one of the best ways for you to make up your mind about The Summit is to spend a day with us. The Knight Shadowing program is designed to provide prospective eighth graders an authentic look at campus life here. Knight shadowing begins Sept. 18 and runs through January. Second shadow visits may be scheduled after admission notification in January. RSVP now for a shadow day.
- Shadowing Pick Up and Drop Off: The Shadow Day begins in the Admission Office lobby of the Main Building at 8:30 a.m. on the scheduled date. A member of the Admission staff and the selected student ambassador will greet the shadowing student at that time. The day concludes at 3:15 p.m. and the student will be dropped off in the Admission Office lobby. Each student will have an informal interview during the shadowing experience. Parents should plan to pick their child in the Admission Office by 3:30 p.m. Parking is available in the front circle of the Main Building on Grandin Road.
- Attire: Students are not required to wear school uniforms on their scheduled Shadow Day. Boys are asked to wear a properly fitted collared shirt and slacks and girls may wear slacks, skirts or a dress.
- Lunch: Each shadowing student and their ambassador will receive a free lunch, on us.
Upper School Parent Preview Days
Parents are invited to visit and tour our Upper School campus. Join us for coffee, an information session and a tour of the Upper School. Please choose from the followng dates when you register: Thursday, Sept. 27, Thursday, Oct. 4 or Wednesday, Oct. 24. The program will start at 8:30 a.m. and last approximately 1 1/2 hours. Visits will include:
- A meet-and-greet with Upper School Director John Thornburg, faculty members and a member of our college counseling team.
- Classroom visits to meet our students and teachers in their small, collaborative learning environments.
- Admission and scholarship information.
RSVP now for Parent Visits & Tours.
Move Up Day
Eighth grade students currently attending The Summit Middle School are encouraged to attend Move Up Day, giving them an opportunity to shadow students from the Upper School and understand the valuable differences and similarities between the Middle and Upper schools. Monday, Nov. 5, 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Upper School Open House
The Summit takes great pride in the Upper School Open House experience. It is very unique and distinct. The evening consists of several activities designed to showcase the five pillars of our school: Spiritual, Academic, Physical, Social and Artistic. During the event, students and parents will get a chance to tour the campus, witness classroom demonstrations, ask questions at our student, teacher and parent panels, and have one-on-one conversations with teachers, coaches, students, parents, alumni and school administration. Open House will be Thursday, Nov. 15, 6:30 to 9 p.m. RSVP now for open house.
Accepted students will be invited to attend our Welcome Reception, celebrating the Class of 2023. Current students, parents, teachers, administrators, coaches and alumni will be available to answer questions. Sunday, Jan. 27, 1 p.m.
The Summit will formally celebrate the incoming class of Merit and Donor Scholars with a special ceremony. This event showcases students who exemplify The Summit mission. Wednesday, March 13, from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Upper School Academic Session
The incoming freshmen and their parents will attend the academic scheduling session in Spring 2019. At this session, families will begin planning the student’s academic schedules, meet with a member of the college counseling team, and the student activities advisor. Spring.