Join a Montessori Parent Information Session
18 months-age 6
What to expect
Information Sessions offer an in-depth view of the programs and activities for children 18-months-old through Kindergarten. These sessions are intended for parents/adults.*
You'll learn more about:
- Our Montessori approach for 18-month-olds through Kindergarten and our belief that children learn best in an enriched, supportive environment through exploration, discovery and creativity.
- The characteristics that distinguish a Montessori Program from other preschool programs.
- Our beautifully prepared classroom environments where you will see specially designed Montessori materials: multi-sensory, sequential and self-correcting.
- Our faculty who receive specialized training in the Montessori method.
- Our literacy approach and how we develop skills through personalized assessment and small group lessons.
- Our Signature Enrichment Programs for 3- to 6-year-olds and how they reinforce the refined academic skills while offering extensive study in geography, French, Spanish, science, global awareness and cultural studies, and fine arts.
- The five distinctive pillars of The Summit's educational approach and mission to develop leaders of character who will improve the world they inherit.
- Our signature programs, including Character Education, Social Skills, World Language and Orff Music instruction.
- The outcomes of our Montessori School students.
- Our outdoor spaces that include playgrounds, athletic fields, Garden for the Good, and Leibold Pond.
- Admission, scholarship and tuition assistance opportunities available for 3- to 6-year-olds.
*MEET AND GREETS
Children applying to the Montessori 3-6-year-old Program will have a 20-minute “meet and greet” visit with the director or faculty member at a later date.
For families who have submitted an application for the Toddler Program (18- to 36-month-olds), meet and greets will happen in early January (Early Action) or late February (Regular Decision). Please note: