Youth Athletics K-6
The Ohio Department of Education prohibits The Summit from sponsoring sports programs for students in kindergarten through the 6th grade. As a result, a K-6 Athletics Coordinator facilitates the program in cooperation with The Summit Boosters Association. Jen Szakal McGrath serves as the K-6 Athletics Coordinator in the Lower School and Middle School. Contact via email.
The K-6 Athletics Program adheres to the following guidelines:
- All eligible K-6 Summit students will be given the opportunity to participate in every athletic team sport offered.
- All participating students will play in every contest.
- Coaches and teams are to emphasize sportsmanship, team work, skills development and the importance of hard work and consistent effort to a successful season. Above all, our children must have fun.
- Student athletes, coaches and parents must sign code of conduct forms. These forms can be found in The Summit's portal.
- Parents must complete and sign the ODE Concussion Information Form for each K-6 athlete for each sport played. Parents can find this form in The Summit's portal.
Summit K-6 Athletic Program offers sports during the Fall, Winter and Spring seasons. All K-6 registrations are found on our Blue Sombrero website. To register, simply click on the link titled REGISTER HERE, and begin your registration.
We need parents to volunteer as coaches, team coordinators, etc. Our success depends upon the active participation of as many people as possible. If you would like to volunteer, make sure to follow this checklist. No previous experience is necessary.
Contact K-6 Athletics Coordinator Jen Szakal McGrath via email.
|Fall||Soccer||K-6||Boys & Girls|
|Winter||Basketball||3-6||Boys & Girls|
|Spring||Soccer||K-6||Boys & Girls|