Middle School - Grades 5 - 8: Fast Facts
- Summit writing program which focuses on narrative, descriptive, and expository writing as well as mastery of the formal essay in response to literature, and finally culminating with the 8th grade research paper using the Modern Language Association format.
- 5th and 6th grade Power of the Pencil program; 7th and 8th grade Power of the Pen teams and several published authors.
- Literature program strengthens inferential comprehension, evaluation techniques, and creative thinking; concentration in grammar and vocabulary.
- Math Program designed to integrate critical thinking & problem solving skills necessary for students to take Algebra I & Geometry; Math Specialist supports grades five & six.
- Grade 7 and 8 semester-long STEM offerings which allow students to participate in project based instruction with particular emphasis on applied math.
- Inquiry led science instruction within state-of-the-art laboratories & beyond to include Cincinnati Zoo, Woodland Altars, & Science Olympiad teams.
- World Language Program includes Chinese, French, Latin & Spanish with intensive practice in basic language skills, listening, speaking, reading & writing.
- Expansive Music offerings that include vocal performance, band, & general music classes where students strengthen listening skills, study music history & theory.
- Advisory Program ensures that every child is known, understood and proactively guided.
- Art Program focuses on painting, batik, sculpture, animation, architecture, photography & ceramics.
- Leadership programming where students learn to see the value of applying their talents & intelligence for the good of the community & society.
- Character Education capstone experiences that culminates the cross curricular work done on each grade's character trait.
- Competitive Athletic program with no cut policy which allows every student the opportunity to participate on a team.
The Summit at a Glance
- Character trait focus by grade - Montessori through the 12th grade.
- Formation of Faith and Formation of Conscience program by grade.
- Manners and social skills emphasis by grade.
- Thirteen year world language program, Montessori through 12th grade.
- The Summit online Portal helps parents monitor their child's performance and daily activities.